Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Memories- The Power Of Scent

There is something very powerful about a person's sense of smell, and though it is not as developed as our canine or feline friends, it still plays an essential role in our existence. 
I won't go into details about how our sense of smell has defined our existence throughout the ages from a biological stand point, but on simpler terms it plays a huge part on building our memories throughout our lifetime. 
While I walked into a cosmetic store to test on some concealers, a very familiar scent transported me back to my high school days. As I walked through a particular section of the store, I kept on remembering some pretty random moments from almost 9 years ago! Once I realized this woman spraying Miracle by Lancôme all over the place, the pink bottle took me back to my room as I got ready to go to school. 
My mother is responsible for my love of perfumes, and I recall she had quite a collection. Interestingly enough, we ended up developing very similar tastes in perfumes, even at times buying the same kind to each other as gifts on such occasions as christmas. 
Here I'll be sharing some of my favorite perfumes; some of which are very old... but that's the thing... they remind me of better days. 


Dolce Vita by Dior: I remember being a little girl and spraying this on my blanket to smell like my mom when she would go out. Still love the smell. 




Miss Dior Chérie by Dior: This one is young, fresh, sensual... Love the smell. 




Poême by Lancôme: Another oldie but goodie. Very sophisticated smell. 




Miracle by Lancôme: I would spray this behind my wrists, and put some behind my ears... Everyone would compliment on my scent, including guys! 




Hypnose by Lancôme: This was my casual go to perfume. 




The Beat by Burberry: My mom got me this for christmas in 2008, and it was love at first scent. Still in love. 




Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel: Very sexy and young scent. This reminds me of sexy nights around Miami Beach. 




Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier: Well, it seems that my personal theme is luxury, but that's what I love about it. 




Very Irrésistible by Givenchy: I first received a sample of it after a big purchase and never turned back. 


Organza by Givenchy: This also reminds me of my childhood. It was a part of my mom's perfume collection. 

So, none of those perfumes are in order of favoritism. I am in love with many more fragrances, but there are too many to mention. If you haven't started yet, start creating memorable moments while wearing your favorite perfume. Going back in time is as easy as a sniff of your favorite scent. It doesn't necessarily have to be a perfume, it works with food too :-) 


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment