Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

J'adore Dior- Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2011-2012



How do I love thee... Let me count the ways. Even if you're not a truly avid fashionista, the possibility of you recognizing the magnificent name of the House of Christian Dior is very likely. It has been around for years, and its name is a synonym of luxury, glamour, and timeless pieces. 
I have been MIA lately, but it's all for a good cause... I am moving to Germany at the end of this month (hello my dear German readers!), but I couldn't resist my enthusiasm over this week's Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture. Who opened the shows? You guessed it right... Dior! 
What I love about Haute Couture is that it's a way for designers to express their creativity, and choose true artistry and style over functionality. Everything is over the top, and the shows become a parade of fantasy transporting you to a different era- an era where people still strive to achieve elegance over comfort. 
For those nay-sayers who claim "you can't wear that in real life", well guess they never watched "Sex and The City" where the character Carrie Bradshaw would mix and match vintage and haute couture pieces in her daily wardrobe all the time. The problem here really isn't about whether pieces are wearable or not... it's whether you can afford them at all. 
As an artist, fashion fan, musician, and fellow lover of all things beautiful, until I am able to afford those items, I use them as inspiration and hopefully this week will inspire you to be daring, dangerous, glamourous, and a true trendsetter. 













xoxo 
ps: (July 3, 2011 - Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images Europe) no copyright infringement intended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment