Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

NYFW Spring/Summer 2012- Peter Som

So much to report!!! Here is another collection that I really enjoyed. I know that there are a lot of designers stealing the lime light at the moment, but I would much rather report on the ones that I truly enjoyed. I am not the kind of person to just agree with what everyone says, and well... this blog is supposed to share the things I love, so here it goes. 
Bold prints, a cool surfer style type feel... this collection makes me think of the ocean, the sun, the 60's, and well my beautiful Miami Beach. Being raised in Miami, we really learn how to appreciate prints and colors; it is a part of our culture, nonetheless, it can't be done unless it's in a classy way. People there really care how they look, and they pride on looking pristine in every occasion. Every European friend I have that has visited Miami says the same thing "Been to a lot of places but here you have the beach, the sun, and beautiful classy people". 
Peter Som is not influenced by Miami in anyway, but he comes from sunny California so that's close enough. 


This makes me think of a day on Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL. 

A cute dress that works in the evening, without looking heavy during spring time. 

I love this dress, it can transition from day to evening by changing the shoes and accessories. 

I am loving this outfit, I would match it would a nude or dark chiffon loose tank top underneath the jacket.

I'm feeling this high waisted hot pants style swim suit. 

Simple but easy to accessorize. Add a bold belt, and some colorful jewelry and you have something fun yet simple. 

I love the top! I would pair it with a nice dark wash skinny jeans. 

I would wear each piece mixing it up with a different shirt or bottom. 

This outfit I would pair it with nice colorful jewelry. 

Love this coral dress... again a color that looks good in every woman. 

I can see myself wearing this at a yacht party in the evening. 

Miami days, don't need to say much more than that. 

Fashion is all about choosing what's right for you and making it work with your body, and personality. Don't discard a whole outfit from a collection if you don't like the way they styled something going down the runaway. 

xoxo 
photo by: Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW, source: Vogue.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment