Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

NYFW Spring/Summer 2012- DKNY & Donna Karan

I know I've gone missing once again, but it doesn't mean that I didn't accompany the rest of NYFW... now we're already enjoying the London Fashion Week and I am very excited to share with you all the amazing designs seen on the runaway. However, before we head across the ocean, I thought that there were some designers worth mentioning from NYFW. 
No one does NY better than Donna Karan. She is able to portray the lay back style of the downtown girl with her DKNY collection, and the sophisticated allure from the Uptown woman.  
Here are some of the designs shown on the runaway last week that I believe could work well for many women with different body shapes and style. What makes an outfit different is how you style it, your body type, and your overall demeanor. Obviously my choices bellow are heavily influenced by my age, nevertheless, I see women of all ages being able to pull off some of these outfits. 


DKNY: I'm loving the jacket, and the shoes. I'm not a big fan of bermuda shorts, but if you have long legs it's a great outfit for an informal office. 

DKNY: I'm loving this whole look! 

DKNY: I feel in love with those skinny pants at first, but I'm digging this coat as well

DKNY: Very sexy dress without being trashy.

DKNY: I think this sweater shirt is delicious. 

DKNY: A young professional look. For those ladies working at an environment that has a more casual professional dress code. 

DKNY: Love this cute outfit. 

DKNY: Isn't this dress delightful? I would never leave the house in all pink, but I'm really into that big pink bag as well... I would wear all items separate, but the dress looks lovely paired with that bag. 

DKNY: This is a very casual going for a drink in the evening look. Just the right amount of sparkle and fun. 

Donna Karan: Not a fan of the top, but this full printed skirt it's very interesting. 

Donna Karan: This purple dress is very pretty. If you have a great figure (hour glass, slender, petite) it can work for a lot of women. 

Donna Karan: Nice dress for a casual event. 

Donna Karan: I only fell in love with the pants. 

Donna Karan: I think this color works on various skin tones... unless you have red hair. 

Donna Karan: Green is the theme for next Spring and Summer. 

Donna Karan: Again, one of those colors that just looks good on different women. 

Style is something personal, but I believe everyone should give at least DKNY a chance. 
xoxo 
photos: Marcio Madiera/firstVIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment