Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

NYFW Spring/Summer 2012- Carolina Herrera

There are hundred of designers showing during this NYFW, so it's really difficult for lil old me to talk about every single collection seen on the runway for next spring. Nevertheless, there are some designers worth mentioning because of not only their status on the fashion universe, but also because they tend to be the favorites of celebrities and fashion lovers. 
Carolina Herrera has long been a synonym of understated elegance, with her designs usually having an understated chic allure. 
Her new collection for spring/summer 2012 felt to me that it was a bit more ambitious than her past stuff, with some outfits working wonderfully, and some others just being too busy. Overall, there were some wonderful pieces that could easily be incorporated on a everyday wardrobe, and make anyone's professional and casual look seem much more polished and put together without much effort. Some of the evening gowns were gorgeous, and I am sure to see some being worn by some starlets on a red carpet event. 


This in my opinion is a good example of her bird print working on an outfit without seeming too much. The jacket looks really good. 

Loving this coat. 

When I go back to work, this is the type of outfit I'll be looking forward to wear at the office on the days I don't feel so well. Yellow is such a happy color!

Another chic look for the office, or fun a fun day around town. 

Simple cute dress for the weekend. 

I am in love with this jacket. 

The fit of this dress is simply stunning. 

Casual fridays should always be like this. 

This dress is fierce. It has that "powerful woman on the go" feel. 

This dress is very elegant, yet simple. 

Another casual fun outfit.

Love this coat!

I would wear this dress with the coat above. 

Very beautiful fit. 

Loving the canary yellow. 

This was my favorite gown. 

xoxo 

Photo: Yannis Vlamos / GoRunway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment