Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

NYFW Spring/Summer 2012- BCBG Max Azria

Ladies and Gentlemen, 

The time of the year has arrived when fashion becomes the center of attention in most media outlets, when buyers, magazine editors, stylists, and fashionistas are just dying to see what's going to be new trend and make sure to display it boldly for our common eyes to see. 
Thanks to the digital age we live in today, we no longer need to wait to see actresses wearing certain pieces on magazines, or wait for the infamous Vogue's September issue to know what will be trending next Spring. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week now allows us to watch the main fashion shows by streaming them lives. We have the chance to have our own private front row experience (minus the fabulous close, hassle to make it on time for the next show, and being scrutinized by photographers just waiting to snap a bad photo of you). 
On September 8th, there were quite a few interesting shows, but the one I was looking forward to see the most was BCBG Max Azria S/S 12 collection. I must say that I was a bit disappointed. It feels like the designs were not fresh enough, and I have seen those dresses before. The color blocking pattern of the textile also feels like something I would see on a project runway episode; definitely not fresh enough for my taste. The dresses weren't that flattering to my taste, and I simply cannot imagine a shorter woman wearing them without being overpowered. They had this asymmetrical mid-length theme going on that might not translate well on shorter statures. I myself measure 5'10.5" so I could pull it off without looking as if my legs were chopped off, but realistically speaking most women don't average as tall. Last year's collection was filled with flattering mini dresses, that could make any leg seems like a mile tall with the right pair of shoes. 
BCBG being so renowned will most likely receive raves from magazine editors and fans alike, and a great marketing campaign to go along with the whole thing, however, marketing strategies never really worked for me. I have too much of a strong mind to be influenced by "industry experts", plus I worked at a modeling agency myself... so I have been to quite a few fashion shows (through personal means or for work), and I know that the whole industry is a closed circle. 
I did like one of the Maxi dresses, in which the fabric was a bit see-through on one of the sides of the leg, showing just the right amount of skin which I found to be very sexy and chic at the same time. 
More shows to come for Fashion week, and hope you ladies are enjoying the experience. 
I am looking forward to Spring myself, because by then I am sure to have lost the baby weight... Yay I'll finally get to wear normal clothe again! 
Bellow are some of the looks... 

Ladies with a bit more curves on the hip area would have a big problem trying to rock this dress. Not flattering, unless you're tall & super skinny. 

Why did they choose such heavy sandals? 

Too much going on for my taste. 

For the sportier ladies this dress is not so terrible, I'm not feeling the blue & orange combo. 

This one is not so bad, but again with a more delicate footwear. 

This dress with the heavy sandals gave this model cankles. Ewww! 

I loved this one... if it came in different colors I would rock it!

I actually liked the pants, very cute with a different top.


Hope to see some fabulous collections next. Looking forward to their Hevé Léger collection in a few days :-) 

photo by: Imaxtree


No comments:

Post a Comment