Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

One Small Step for Myself... A Big Step for the Family.

Today I am writing one of the most personal entries to date (I used to write on other blog sites reviewing artists and such). 
I am happy to share with the world that from today forward I am a married woman.  My husband and I had a simple ceremony at the City Hall, with two of his co-workers as witnesses. Both our families live in different cities from us, but we still felt that it was important to us to have our child as a legally bound family. 
This is a touchy issue, as I know that people have different views on marriage and children in general. I reside in Canada (for now) where living common-law is a strong as an official marriage certificate especially when there is a child involved, but we felt it was important to us to be able to seal the deal so that no matter where we go, we'll always be a family. 
We'll be planning on having another small ceremony in the presence of our families, and an exquisite reception. As of now, I like it that we shared this moment with the people who matters most- each other.  
Wishing everyone a delicious week... 


xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment